McLanahan Manure Design System
Starting at the cow, manure must be conveyed from the cow, to a treatment process, to storage, then ultimately applied to the fields. All this must be accomplished while minimizing labor requirements and capital expenditures, as well as eliminating negative environmental impacts.
Sand bedding greatly complicates manure system design due to the abrasiveness of sand, as well as the tendency of sand grains to settle in pipes and manure storages. McLanahan Agricultural Engineers specialize in manure system design where sand bedding is used.WHO WOULD USE MCLANAHAN MANURE SYSTEM DESIGN SERVICES?
• Dairy producers planning an expansion or new facility
• Contractors requiring engineering expertise
• Someone requiring professional engineer certification of drawings for permitting purposes
Specific Services Involving Sand-Manure May Include:
• Total manure system design
• Flush System Design– designing new and troubleshooting existing systems
• Sand-manure separator system despign– either passive or mechanical
• Manure storage design
• Construction drawings
• Obtaining permits